Solving for Vacant Property Exposures
Join Zurich and Blue River Underwriters on July 27 for this virtual CE course!
Vacant properties present multiple risks to owners and communities, including the risks of fire, water damage, crime, vandalism and/or poor maintenance practices. While producers will need to address clients who own buildings that are or will become vacant, they may also encounter situations where a client may want to buy a vacant property for investment purposes.
Vacant properties are difficult to insure because of the inherent risks associated with such properties. As a result, most coverage is only available in the non-admitted markets. But these risks are usually insurable. This program will give the producer needed skills, ideas and strategies that can help his/her client secure coverage on the best possible terms and pricing.
After this program, you will:
- Identify current and projected market trends indicating a growing vacancy problem;
- Identify common types of vacant property loss exposures;
- Understand how ISO defines a vacant property and how that definition might differ from those used by different property insurers;
- Learn “ideal” coverage characteristics that should be sought from insurers;
- Understand “best practices” for protecting vacant properties and that the quality of the risk management program in place for the property will be a factor in the underwriting process;
- Review the types of information that insurers will be looking for in evaluating a vacant property risk;
- Analyze case studies demonstrating how different vacant properties were insured through a combination of strategies utilizing limits, sublimits, limited or excluded coverage and required risk management practices.
States eligible for the CE Credits: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
Take advantage of this opportunity to earn two hours of CE credits* at no cost. Seats are limited — reserve your spot today!
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 pm EDT
Click here to register
If you have an immediate Real Estate Investor, Vacant Property, WDBB or other property need, please email moc.sikcerb@sseccus.
*CE credits will post to the state’s insurance department portal within 72 hours of course completion.